I phoned my doctors office earlier today to see if they could squeeze me in at some point today and they had an opening this afternoon. I needed to be seen to make sure that I did not have an infection brewing. My weight was up 2 pounds since my last appointment about two weeks ago, my blood pressure was good - something like 117/60 and the baby's heart rate was fine. She did the test and said that everything looked normal but wrote me a script for some yeast medication in case the antibiotics that I am on are starting an infection. I was seen by the resident again because Dr. Mason wasn't doing office visits today - but I did manage to bump into him coming off the elevator before my appointment. I had been wondering how delivery was going to go so I talked to him about that. Back when I was going to attempt a VBAC he said that if I needed a c-section that he would not schedule it until 39 weeks; so that had me wondering if he was on board with delivering as early as next week. I told him that at my last appointment with his resident she scheduled me for my amnio, ultrasound and NST for 36.5 weeks (Monday, 02/08/10) and if the lungs were mature that he would be delivering me a couple-few days later. He shook his head yes through the whole spiel and said that sounded perfect. I also had the question - if the lungs weren't mature would the tests indicate when they would be. He said that the amnio would give him a number and it would let him know whether he was ready or would need a couple days-couple weeks and whether they would need to do steroids for the lung maturity.
I was glad that he was able to clear up these few question I had; I always love talking to my doctor- he makes everything so clear :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment