Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Almost Lost My Husband!!

As some of you might know- Doug and I are both going to have bariatric gastric bypass weight loss surgery. In order to be considered for the surgery we need to do several things, medically and for the insurance to approve us. Both Doug and I had a blood test done to determine if we have H-pylori- a bacterium that affects areas in the stomach that can cause ulcers. Mine came back fine, Doug’s did not. He was given a three pill, two times a day, for two weeks- antibiotic regime to rid the H-pylori from his system and was scheduled for an EGD on Wednesday, yesterday.We woke up really early and were to the hospital by 6am for the procedure at 7am. The doctor that will be performing the gastric surgery preformed this one. He took a scope with a camera on the end and inserted it through his mouth into his stomach to see if there were any visual signs of the h-pylori and to get a biopsy (sample) to test to see if it was still there after the round of antibiotics. During the procedure Doug started to “desaturate”- (decreased oxygen delivery to the body). Come to find out there are much more details to these events then we will possibly ever know. I almost lost my husband.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Elliott's Slice of Life Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez