We had a couple of appointmets today: WIC recertification at 12:30pm and an appointment with my surgeon at 1:30pm to discuss the abdominal pain I have been in since I delivered Alex.
The WIC appointment went really well.
Addy weighs 35 pounds, 6 ounces and is 3 feet 1 inch. (she is in the 95th percentile for both her weight and height!)
Alex weighs 7 pounds, 9 ounces and is 19 7/8 inches long (he was born ~3 weeks ago at 6 lbs, 12 oz, 19 3/4 inches) (he appears to be around the 50th percentile for both weight and length)
We got recertified to continue receiving assistance; the same amount I had received when I was pregnant, plus formula, for the next two months. After that the food gets cuts in half.
I got out of WIC a few minutes before 1:30pm which made me 5 minutes late for my surgeon appointment. Which come to find out didn't matter whatsoever!! I sat in the waiting room for 2 HOURS waiting to be seen (and it wasn't because I was late.) When he finally came in I couldn't have been more shocked to not receive even a simple "I'm sorry to keep you waiting", no handshake, no nothing! I was BEYOND irritated!!!
Anyway - I told him my symptoms and how they appeared to be just like the ones I was suffering during pregnancy when I had to undergo surgery. He suggested that we start with blood draws and if that doesn't turn up anything then he will do a scope and if that doesn't do anything - more exploratory surgery. I asked if it came down to that if he could do it at the same time as the tummy tuck and he assured me that he could and would.
So as it stands I will have my tummy tuck at some point before July 8th (the date I was supposed to have it last year). I am hoping it can be done on June 9th - that would be my two-year surgaversary!
It was so incredibly patience-testing to be sitting in a waiting room with a hungry, tired, anxious 2 1/2 year old! Luckily Alex was asleep most of the time. I don't know how I would have handled it had they both been acting up!

0 comments:
Post a Comment