Sunday, March 7, 2010

Boot Scootin' Boogie

So it happened, yet again...

There are dozens of songs that remind me of mom ... but this one is really special to me. Usually it brings a huge smile across my face as I sit and picture her tapping her feet and patting her lap while she swayed and sang to the fun, upbeat music. However, today, for some reason it brought a flood of tears that I wasn't expecting. I suppose it is because I haven't had alone time lately to grieve. The last time I did was the night I gave bith to Alex. As I lied in my hospital bed reminising about the birth and looking at my precious miracle son sleeping so soundly in his carrier next to me I wept, wondering why!? Why can't she be here to see these amazing grandchildren of hers!? It is so unfair! I cannot even begin to describe the emptiness I feel inside myself, as well as for them. They not only are lacking their wonderful grandmother, their grandfather and Doug's parents as well. IT IS SO SO SO NOT FAIR!!! What child deserves this!?

"Grandma Marilyn"

Oh, mom, if only you could see your granddaughter dancing to this video!! I can see your smile now...












post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Elliott's Slice of Life Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez