
So!!! I got the call today that my tummy tuck is scheduled for Wednesday, April 14th!!!
I was in shock that they are wanting to do it so soon; but at the same time I am happy to get it done and over with. The less time I have to think about it the better...
As some of you know - I was scheduled to have it July 8, 2009... but during some testing beforehand I found out I was pregnant! So, obvioulsy, the surgery had to be postponed - I couldn't think of a better reason though!!
Lately I have been having some doubts about whether or not to go through with it; I serioulsy contemplate whether or not I could just live with the excess skin and irritations for the rest of my life... then I get to thinking ... I have come SO far, achieved SO much, I deserve this!!! I have literally turned my life around and this is a perfect way to celebrate that! My biggest fear is recovery. I am no stranger to pain; heck I've had a c-section, the gastric bypass, my gallbladder removed, my appendix removed, a hernia fixed and a bowel obstruction corrected (the last three during my last pregnancy) and all of them in 2 1/2 years of one another. I can do it! I'm a trooper! I am just worried about not being able to effectively take care of my children during the recovery time.
I also fear that it will somehow hinder breastfeeding Alex. I talked to my OB nurses about what pain medications I will be able to take and still nurse Alex and she said that the drugs that I will likely be sent home on (like Vicodin, Darvocet, Tylenol 3's...) should be fine. I explained that during a couple of my other surgeries I was put on a pain pump - she said that depending on what the drug is, it should be fine for him to nurse and I won't have to pump and dump; that I should just try to time my meds right after he nurses so most is out of my system before the next time he nurses. I think, between now and the surgery date, I am going to pump and freeze as much as possible.
I am very excited and very nervous, to say the least!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment