Monday, November 5, 2007

Weird, random things, facts, habits, goals…

Current mood: creative

I have a hard time sticking to a budget, finishing a project (sometimes even starting a project because I am perfectionist and I don't want to start it until I know it will turn out perfect), I am not goal oriented, I am not ambitious at all and I love making lists. I cannot sing. I am right-handed.
--
I absolutely LOVE being a wife and mommy. I kissed A LOT of frogs before I found my prince- online. I married Mr. Elliott on Memorial Day, May 30, 2005. I found out I was pregnant on January 26, 2007; and gave birth to my miracle on September 2, 2007 (one day before Labor Day). I loved being a daughter; mom passed away November 13, 2006 (it's almost a year now) and dad March 10, 1990. I never really knew what it was like to be a grand-daughter; most of my grandparents were gone before I was born. (Just some more reasons to go through with the surgery- to ensure I meet Addison's children and hopefully their children…). It's great to have two brothers- but I always wanted a sister. My (living) role model is my aunt- Debbie- she has a great marriage and raised a wonderful son. I do not have many close friends; but I'm looking into making some that live nearby. I have a ton of cousins, nieces and nephews; some I don't see often enough, some I see nearly daily. --
Doug and are must be insane- a 2 month old and no protection. We tried for a few years with no luck; but that doesn't mean that it can't happen again. Addison is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Some people say one miracle IN Heaven, one miracle FROM Heaven (referring to mom blessing us with our child). I always wanted to be a mommy; I couldn't picture myself doing anything else.
--
I hate:
Wash rags- I use a bath puff thingy. Poor grammar and/or spelling.People that come to this country and then do not make any efforts to learn English.
Having to hold my breath just because someone didn't feel like taking a shower or wearing deodorant.
People not turning their clothes the right way before washing them.Bad service at a restaurant.Customer service not being what it used to be.Know-it-alls with irrational reasoning's.
Door to door evangelists.People who call over and over and won't leave messages.Dreadlocks.Bodily emissions in confined spaces and/or public places.I harbor an extreme dislike for chat rooms.People who blow their horn at you the nano-second the light changes to green.No toilet paper or paper towels in public restrooms.People who dress to the nines to go to Wal-Mart and bring their kids with their crusty noses, dirt rings around their necks, faded dirty clothes, and dirt crusted feet in flip flops; I consider this a form of child abuse- these parents should be horsewhipped.Guys who wear wife beaters in public- just wife beaters, nothing else for a shirt. They are called UNDERshirts for a reason.People who oppose random drug testing at jobs.
My two favorite seasons being the shortest of the four.Boy bands.Going from Halloween straight to Christmas with no mention of Thanksgiving.
When I'm in a line and the person behind me is stepping on my heels.
Hypocrites.An unorganized refrigerator or cupboard.People making obnoxious noises- like constantly sniffling or talking on a cell phone at the movies.(Most) cats.
People who pick their noses, and/or butts, in public.The use of "X-Mas" in place of Christmas REALLY bothers me for some reason.Political campaigns.Jay Leno.People who call Child Protective Services on someone just out of spite.People who use the word 'nigger' and think it's acceptable.
Leaving an empty hanger on the rod when you take the clothes out of the closet.
People who rationalize their smoking habits.Pronouncing gyro 'jy-ro' when it's actually 'yer-ro'.My child not having any grandparents.
Waking up to the sounds of lawnmowers and leaf blowers.Having to repeat something in a conversation because they weren't paying attention.
Target commercials.Parents that do no control their children in public.Women who have child after child and expect US to pay for the medical, food and cash for whatever they want to waste it on.Loud vehicles.
Getting drunk for the sake of getting drunk at the company Christmas party just because the boss is paying.
Strangers who do not have the human decency to say "thank you" or even acknowledge you when you hold the door for them, or wave when you let them go first on the roads.
Telemarketers.Getting over-hard eggs when I ask for over-easy.People making noises while eating or chewing gum.Static on the radio or TV.The cost of gas, insurance, diapers and formula; you think they charge so much because you can't live without these things?People who call you simply out of boredom.
Homophobic's
Not knowing how to soothe a crying baby.People who buy animals, only to get rid of them a week later because it was harder to take care of them than they thought.Stay ay home moms with nannies.People who claim they care about you but cannot find time in their busy schedules to attend your wedding or worse- will they attend your funeral?
…do I sound like a complete neurotic bastard yet?
--
Both Doug and I are going to get bariatric lap-band surgery. Please don't judge until you really know what it really is- feel free to ask questions. We were going to keep this a secret- but we will need support from friends and family. We have our first consultation appointment soon. I have diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I also have a blood mutation which can cause dangerous blood clots. I have anxiety issues. I have polycystic ovary syndrome (it was a miracle Doug and I conceived without the fertility medications I thought we would have to use.) I have HPV which caused precancerous lesions on my cervix a couple years ago. I have to have them frozen off. I have persistent Bell's palsy. I am supposed to wear a Tens Unit all day, every day to TRY to correct it. That's a pain in the butt to say the least. I have plantar fasciitis (problems in my feet) - I am supposed to wear moon boot thingies to bed every night. I have arthritis in both knees, one more so than the other due to a sand volleyball accident a few years back. I have horrible teeth; I'm sure dentures are in the very near future, literally. Geeze- what a list; and the sad thing- I'm sure that doesn't cover it all.
--
I love smoked oysters; so much so that I can eat two cans in one sitting. Then I get all grossed out and ask myself why I just did that. When I was a kid I used to think they were as nasty as the liver and onions mom would feed us- until one day dad made us close our eyes and plug our nose and doused our mouth with this scrumptious thing that I later found out was an oyster. At first I tried to deny that I liked it, but the pleasure on my face showed I was fibbing. My other favorite foods are: steak, alfredo sauce, bacon and brownies- the most unhealthy things in the world. I suppose that's why I NEED surgery, nothing else has worked. I really hate: onions, green peppers, miracle whip, liver, fish, sloppy Joes, jello, bologna, Sheppard's pie, peas, coffees that the serve nearly everywhere these days, you know- the nearly espresso kinds, grapefruit, radishes and coconut among other things.
--
My second toe is longer than the first and my baby toes curl in. I do not go outside barefooted and I did not let my foster children do so, nor will I allow Addison outside without shoes. I really do not like sandals on kids either- I don't find them to be safe- especially to an infant that's just learning to walk. I have a red blotch for a birthmark on my right forearm. I have a 'beauty mark' on my right upper cheek; it's cute and all until that damned thick hair pops outta it every so often.
--
I take the laptop to the bathroom. I have a cell phone; but like most of the people I know- I do not carry that everywhere I go (including the bathroom). I LOVE my DVR- I don't know what I would do without it (my recordings, which I prefer to watch commercial-free- are: Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, ER, October Road, Notes from the Underbelly, Saved, Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck, Hell's Kitchen, House, Big Medicine, Biggest Loser, Desperate Housewives, 'Til Death, Supernanny, Nanny 911, Trading Spouses, Wife Swap, Dr. Phil, Extreme Makeover, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Kitchen Nightmares, baby shows, weight loss shows, home remodeling/designing shows, good God, thankfully they all do not run in the same season. I LOVE my camera even more. I'm sure I bother people with my excessive camera use and the amount of pictures I post. I do not own an iPod.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

☆Rach☆ on Nov 5, 2007 7:12 AM: You are fucking awesome and "perfectly imperfect"!!! i loved learning al these things about you, you rock!! Oh and BTW, i HATE dreadlocks too... EWWW!!!

Anonymous said...

Theresa on Nov 9, 2007 2:23 AM: Mary, I have to say...this is the most honest and forthcoming thing I've ever seen anyone write about themselves. It's beautiful. I feel so lucky to call you my friend. I think you're amazing and I can't wait to actually meet you in person. :)Theresabtw...I'm right there with you on a lot of those. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Elliott's Slice of Life Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez