Aunt Debbie watched Addison so Doug and I could go bowling Friday night with a few new friends from Cafemom. It was so nice to get out and have a 'date night'. It was also nice to meet some new people in the area. I hadn't bowled since probably high school and between that and my lack of activity I have been very sore for the past few days.
Addison is doing great! She had a doctor appointment Friday to get her first of six RSV shots and she weighed 10 pounds! I couldn't believe my eyes; I thought no more than 9 ½ pounds at the most. She still has her apnea and reflux but both are pretty well under control. Being a stay at home mom is different to say the least. I never thought in a million years there was such a thing as too much of a good thing. Spending every second of every day with my daughter is a blessing on one hand and excess on the other. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter with all my heart, but I do need a break every now and then. That's another reason it was so nice to get out last Friday.
I had my gastric bypass consult a couple weeks ago. If all goes well and my family doctor fills out the necessary paperwork I might be able to get it after the first of the year. If not I will have to wait a year and attend appointments with a dietician.
For Thanksgiving me, Doug and Addy will be having a dinner here. Turkey, stuffed with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, green bean casserole, rolls, sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pie with cool whip is the menu. I am sure we will be eating leftovers for at least a week with just the two of us eating. Christina might come over, we aren't sure yet.
Friday after Thanksgiving we will be going to Lansing for my ten year high school reunion and to see my brother, his wife and baby and my friend and her new baby she just had Saturday. I can't wait to meet lil Owen and see all my friends from high school.
Tonight we are taking Addison to get her first pictures taken. Later in December we will take her to see Santa and get pictures of that.
I guess that's about it for now.
2 comments:
☆Rach☆ on Nov 19, 2007 2:30 PM: My sis had her baby today, a little boy, and he weighed TEN POUNDS!! Could you imagine that? Anyway, im glad your doing well and i hope i can meet addison sometime soon! Luv, Rach
Theresa on Nov 20, 2007 6:24 AM: Soooooooo.........what time are y'all going to be eating???? Because I think I'm going to be in that area at just that time. Amazing coincidence, right? lol
Post a Comment