Monday, April 12, 2010

How Many Strikes!?


I am starting to really question my children's pediatrician's office; starting to wonder when enough is enough!
Addison has been going there since she was first born. I have never been thoroughly impressed with her doctor but I have been satisfied and always left feeling good after each and every appointment. I always felt as though all of my questions were answered, concerns were addressed and any issues were always promptly treated.
However - since Alex has been born I have had problem after issue with the office. On 02/17/10 I had a terrible experience. On 03/22/10 I had to take Addy in for a sick-child appt. and then for a follow up appt. on 04/01/10. Then today I had what was supposed to be Alex's 2 month appt. as well as Addy's 2 1/2 year appt.
When I got there I signed them both in and sat down. About 20 minutes later they called me up to the window and TOLD me I only had an appt. for Alex - not for Addy. I informed them "no, I have an appt. for both of them today." She had me sit down and called me up again about 15 minutes later just to tell me again I only had an appt. for Alex. By this time I was really starting to get irritated, especially with the way they were TELLING me that I must have made a mistake. But they insisted she did not have an appt.
Well about 5 minutes later the really sweet nurse came to get us and take us back to the exam room. I apologized upfront since she always seems to get the raw end of my emotions when I am frustrated with the rest of the staff. While I was explaining to her what was going on the other rude nurse stood in the doorway and told me over and over that they do not do 2 1/2 year well-child appointments! I told her again and again that Addy's doctor requested her to be seen at 2 1/2!! She acted like I was a loony and that I was making it up!! I seriously almost stood up and punched her in the face!!!
After a couple more minutes of frustration out in the hallway the nice nurse came in and said "good news! you're not crazy! the doctor did want to see Addison at 2 1/2 years old, but the bad news is she can't do it today". I just hung my head and nearly started crying; I was so, so, sooo frustrated! I explained to her that Addy still needed to be checked out because of the rash she developed from the antibiotics she was on and they said the doctor would, but wouldn't do anything else.
She came in a few minutes later, quickly looked at Addy and said to keep treating it with Desitin. She gave me a script for Nystatin diaper cream and said to only fill it and use it if it gets beet-red. She quickly moved onto Alex. She asked me a bunch of typical questions and checked his reflexes, tone, how he tolerated tummy time and lifted his head and that was pretty much it. She never asked me if I had any questions or anything! I was so flustered from everything that I didn't speak up with any questions I did have.
I think it's time for a new pediatrician for the kids...
Oh - stats -
Addy is 33 pounds, no clue how tall (I'll measure her here and add it)
Alex is 10 pounds, 8 ounces (6lb 12oz at birth), 22 inches long and I think his head is 15"
She said that he is in the 25th percentile for both weight and height and 10-25th for his head.
Alex also received all of his 2 month shots.

post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Elliott's Slice of Life Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez