
It was a beautiful day outside today - too bad I've spent the better part of it indoors.
I had a doctor appointment at 1045 this morning. I didn't get in to see him until about 11:55! I was upset to say the least. It's one thing to be running behind; but over an hour!? Give me a break.
The doctor was utterly shocked to see me- he said he didn't recognize me. It is still extremely hard to get used to this new kind of attention. I used to just want to hide in a corner as much as possible- now I just want to live every day to the fullest!
I talked to the doctor about my progress and such and he is 1) very pleased with the results but 2) very worried. I had blood tests come back a few months ago that showed my thiamine levels were low so I was put on shots for a while. I haven't looked into if it's gotten better since then or not. So he wrote me a script to go get a lot of blood drawn as well as a bone density test.
Addy was too hungry to wait through getting all that done after the appointment so I will just go Monday to get that stuff taken care of.
I also talked to the doctor about trying to conceive. He said it was far too soon to start and he doesn't want me to start trying until I am for sure done losing weight. He said the recommendation is to wait 18-24 months post op to start trying; I always heard it was 12-18. So I thought I was nearly in the safe zone. I don't know what to think of this. I mean- I think my weight has pretty much stabilized- I only lose a pound every few weeks lately. I guess maybe I’ll reach a happy medium and not actively “try” but not actively “prevent”, either.
We talked briefly about my excess skin removal- only to conclude it’s obviously best to wait until I’ve had another baby.
So I guess my time frame- if I went by exactly what the doctor said would be something like:
Baby born in early 2011 when Addy is just over 3 years old.
Plastic surgery mid-late 2011…
Not liking the looks of this…
I’m thinking baby born around mid 2010 when Addy is 2 ½ and plastic surgery around late 2010-early 2011.
I had a doctor appointment at 1045 this morning. I didn't get in to see him until about 11:55! I was upset to say the least. It's one thing to be running behind; but over an hour!? Give me a break.
The doctor was utterly shocked to see me- he said he didn't recognize me. It is still extremely hard to get used to this new kind of attention. I used to just want to hide in a corner as much as possible- now I just want to live every day to the fullest!
I talked to the doctor about my progress and such and he is 1) very pleased with the results but 2) very worried. I had blood tests come back a few months ago that showed my thiamine levels were low so I was put on shots for a while. I haven't looked into if it's gotten better since then or not. So he wrote me a script to go get a lot of blood drawn as well as a bone density test.
Addy was too hungry to wait through getting all that done after the appointment so I will just go Monday to get that stuff taken care of.
I also talked to the doctor about trying to conceive. He said it was far too soon to start and he doesn't want me to start trying until I am for sure done losing weight. He said the recommendation is to wait 18-24 months post op to start trying; I always heard it was 12-18. So I thought I was nearly in the safe zone. I don't know what to think of this. I mean- I think my weight has pretty much stabilized- I only lose a pound every few weeks lately. I guess maybe I’ll reach a happy medium and not actively “try” but not actively “prevent”, either.
We talked briefly about my excess skin removal- only to conclude it’s obviously best to wait until I’ve had another baby.
So I guess my time frame- if I went by exactly what the doctor said would be something like:
Baby born in early 2011 when Addy is just over 3 years old.
Plastic surgery mid-late 2011…
Not liking the looks of this…
I’m thinking baby born around mid 2010 when Addy is 2 ½ and plastic surgery around late 2010-early 2011.
0 comments:
Post a Comment