It is surreal to think that he has been gone longer than he was in my life; actually almost twice as long. It is amazing what an impact someone can have on your life in such a short amount of time.

Dad, daddy, Bob, Robert Gordon Ballor- was a great man, a great husband to my mother and an excellent father to my two brothers and myself. He wasn't our biological father but he raised me from 2 until he passed away when I was 10. He taught me so many of the things I am confident in today. He taught me how to swim, how to ride a bike; all those precious childhood memories. He was also very handy. He would build us swingsets, playhouses and homemade stilts! How fun!!

The good thing is even though he had to be parted from his soulmate for 16 years- they are now together- up there in Heaven looking down on us. I'm sure mom and dad would be proud, especially of their miracle granddaughter and grandson that neither had the oppourtunity to meet.


1 comments:
It sounds like he was a real gift to you...I hope this few days haven't been too painful...
Post a Comment