Wednesday, May 28, 2008

She's changing in leaps and bounds!

Current mood: in love



My baby girl is growing up so fast; I can't even wrap my head around it.

One surprise after another, after another, after another.

Recently I was feeding her and she looked at me and said "ma ma" clear as day. I think it was a true word, I hope anyway.

She can make her way around a room before you know it. She rolls and turns excellent. She stands up with assistance really well. She is starting to get up on her hands and knees and rock back and forth. She's sitting up pretty good with just a little support. I am sure that she will be sitting up independently and crawling all over before I can blink! LOL

She recently discovered 'dropsy'. She looks at me for my reaction when she does it, it's quite comical. She also looks at me for my reaction when she's making her way around and accidentally bumps her noggin, she will not start crying until she locates me and sees my face. She is outgrowing her swing- trying to crawl right outta the darn thing. She is an old pro in her jumper now. Jumps like crazy, and rotates the seat all the way around.

She loves playing with her toys and really gets into the details of them. I am constantly finding her trying to pick apart the littlest details of her toys- while sticking her tongue out like she’s concentrating intensely.

She loves to dance. We say "dancy dance" and her hips, head and shoulders start wiggling. She also does it on her own anytime she hears any music, but more so instrumental music.

She doesn't have any teeth yet. Her time will come.

She feeds herself her bottle and I am starting to let her grasp the spoon and feed herself her solids too. She is really into eating graduate foods like the melt in your mouth things. Her pincher grasp is pretty darn good.

She smiles all the time, even when she's sick she is still a delightful lil baby girl.Her hair is crazy! My aunt calls it ‘firecracker hair’. There is nothing you can do to tame it- it sticks straight up and sometimes looks like a mohawk.

She is ticklish, giggles like crazy when we tickle her tummy. I love it.

We recently discovered co-sleeping. Not all the time, but I try to sneak in a nap together as often as possible. It's the only time I get to cuddle with her since she won't lie on my chest and cuddle unless she's sick.

Her temperament is awesome, she only cries when she is hungry, which we are on a great schedule so that rarely happens. She gets a little moody and rubs her eyes a lot when she's tired.

She's going to be 9 months old in a few days and I discovered just this morning that she can wear 9 month clothes! I looked at it on the hanger and thought there is NO WAY this is going to fit her. Low and behold I tried and it fits her perfectly. I never thought the day would come that she would fit in the size of the month she is. She was at the doctor the other day and I asked if she was a good weight for her age and prematurity. The doctor assured me she is doing just fine at 17 pounds, 12 ounces. She has her 9 month well-child next week and I will get more information, along with her length, then.

Addison Kay is the light of my life; I would be lost without my lil miracle. I can't believe I managed 28 years of life without her. She is my everything.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Elliott's Slice of Life Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez