Sunday, June 28, 2009

Productive Weekend

I had a very ambitious weekend! Saturday I moved a lot of stuff around and started working on refinishing a dresser.
I moved a cabinet out of the back room into the kitchen to store all of my candy making supplies. I moved the scrapbooking supplies that were in that cabinet to the utility room shelves. I will be moving all the office supplies and cleaning supplies to those shelves too. I guess all of my craft supplies are going to go in the attic... will be a while before I have time for that kind of stuff again :P
I started refinishing a dresser that will go in the new baby's room. It was orignally painted white with brass plates and white pulls that had pink flowers on them. I sanded it and I will be staining it later this week. It is looking good so far. I am very proud of myself - I actually took on a huge task and I am completing it quickly :)
I feel like I am in nesting mode already. I just want to get everything in order now so we can move Addy to the back room as soon as possible so that the transition doesn't come when the baby comes. It is going to be hard enough that she will be in the middle of potty training.

Aunt Pat and I went to my cousin Audrey's baby shower on Sunday. It was a really nice event, everything was perfect. I got her a baby girl Gloworm doll, an outfit that came with a bib, socks and a hat, a $25.00 gift card to Babies R Us and a $20.00 gift certificate to Suzie's Confections. I wasn't around when she was opening presents, I was playing with Addy at the time. I really hope she liked the gifts :)
post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Elliott's Slice of Life Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez