Friday, June 26, 2009

First Doctor Appointment

Today I had my first appointment with the OB office; it really wasn't considered an actual appointment though. I have to be on Innohep blood thinner injections again so I went to the hospital pharmacy to pick those up and was told to come up stairs and meet with the nurse. She wanted to review that I knew how to give myself the injection. It was surreal - I hadn't been on any injections since the gastric bypass surgery. It was funny though- it was like riding a bike! LOL.
We talked about a few other things - whether it is okay to wear my Spanx still, reviewed my medication list and I was given a prescription to the lab to have more blood drawn late next week. She gave me the wonderful welcome packet - full of great informational handouts and stuff. I really, really love my ob office. The nurses are so incredibly sweet and attentive. Dr. Mason is my angel! He did such a wonderful job with me last time.
I am really looking forward to this pregnancy being so much healthier. I have lost 120 pounds since I conceived Addison so I am sure that along with no more diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and such are going to make a super easy and healthy pregnancy.
My next appointment is scheduled for Thursday, July 16th at 930 for an ultrasound!!! We will get to see the baby's heartbeat!! After the u/s I have an appt. with Dr. Mason. I can't wait to see him!
I really hope that I find out during the u/s if I have an anterior placenta or not. With Addy I did and it hindered me ever feeling her kicking. I really, really feel like I missed out on a lot as far as that was concerned; as well as the constant fear because I couldn't feel her move and be assured that she was okay.
I am really looking forward to the next 8 or so months! I love being pregnant!!!

post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Elliott's Slice of Life Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez