
Addison getting jaundice light therapy
I was admitted to the hospital at 6:30pm Friday, August 31st for induction. I was told that I would deliver Saturday, September 1st. Things didn’t go as planned and more attempts to induce were taken until Sunday night. I did start to go into labor but never progressed beyond 3 centimeters dilation. Come to find out- medical procedures I had in the past kept the medicine from doing its job; as well Addison’s head was descending in a position that made it nearly impossible to have a natural delivery.
Addison was born at 10:10pm on Sunday, September 2, 2007. She was delivered nearly 5 weeks early.
She weighed 5 pounds, 12.9 ounces and was 18 inches long.
She was delivered by c-section and we have a 10 minute video of a great part of the delivery. Addison was taken to the Special Care Nursery (SCN) for what we were told would be at least 12 hours. We were informed that she had fluid in her lungs. They say that it is sometimes caused because the child doesn’t have the benefit of being “squeezed” through the birth canal- to get the fluid out. We were not able to see Addison from when she was delivered, until the following morning around 10am.
Addison was put on oxygen and has been weaned off over the last two days. She was completely taken off this evening and seems to be doing great with that. The fluid seems to be gone as well. They had precautionary put her on antibiotics to prevent pneumonia and such. I believe she will be off those in a matter of hours from now, too.
Today I was informed that she was showing signs of jaundice and the blood work confirmed it. She has been under special lights in an incubator for several hours and is improving drastically. Hope is that when I am discharged Thursday she will get to come home with me- if not there is a very good chance that she will get to come home by my birthday Saturday- what a great birthday present!!
Addison is also having some problems feeding. She tends to stop breathing well when she is feeding. The nurses seem to think that she has reflux. They will be testing her tomorrow and if that is what it is- starting her on medications to help that go away as well.
I am going to head down and feed Addison now. Wish me luck that everything goes well.
Thank you everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers.
Addison was born at 10:10pm on Sunday, September 2, 2007. She was delivered nearly 5 weeks early.
She weighed 5 pounds, 12.9 ounces and was 18 inches long.
She was delivered by c-section and we have a 10 minute video of a great part of the delivery. Addison was taken to the Special Care Nursery (SCN) for what we were told would be at least 12 hours. We were informed that she had fluid in her lungs. They say that it is sometimes caused because the child doesn’t have the benefit of being “squeezed” through the birth canal- to get the fluid out. We were not able to see Addison from when she was delivered, until the following morning around 10am.
Addison was put on oxygen and has been weaned off over the last two days. She was completely taken off this evening and seems to be doing great with that. The fluid seems to be gone as well. They had precautionary put her on antibiotics to prevent pneumonia and such. I believe she will be off those in a matter of hours from now, too.
Today I was informed that she was showing signs of jaundice and the blood work confirmed it. She has been under special lights in an incubator for several hours and is improving drastically. Hope is that when I am discharged Thursday she will get to come home with me- if not there is a very good chance that she will get to come home by my birthday Saturday- what a great birthday present!!
Addison is also having some problems feeding. She tends to stop breathing well when she is feeding. The nurses seem to think that she has reflux. They will be testing her tomorrow and if that is what it is- starting her on medications to help that go away as well.
I am going to head down and feed Addison now. Wish me luck that everything goes well.
Thank you everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers.
0 comments:
Post a Comment