Slipping Away
I always felt as though I had the power, the power that drew people towards me. I’m not sure if it was my personality or what it was, but everyone used to like me, care about me. Lately I feel deserted, alone, scared. I feel that there is no one around me that cares about me, what I do, or what I want to become. With every ounce that there is, I spend it on someone else; I live to please. I feel so frustrated, as though everyone I’ve ever cared for is slipping through my fingers. I try to grasp them but their falling further and further from my reach. Who’s to blame? Is it my fault? Am I pushing them away or are they leaving under their own free will? I use every bit of sanity I have just to make it through each day. Arguments occur spontaneously. One minute we’ll be carrying on a detailed conversation and the next we’ll be at each other’s throats threatening to leave. Leaving is the last thing I want to happen, leaving is giving up, giving in. the way I see it, I never want it to end, but on the other hand, I give up.
Friday, May 23, 1997
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment