Friday, January 11, 2013

Times Like These

Times like these make me stop, think and count my blessings...

I am grateful that I get to stay at home with my children to teach them so many things before I send them out into the real world to be taught by others.
Strangely enough this thought comes into my head simply because I found my almost 3 year old sons lunch paper plate in the garbage can and fork in the sink. I am thankful to be turning him into a clean man someday ...

Before lunch all I had to say was... Nothing... I sat his food down in front of him and all on his own he recited "God is good, God is great. Let us, thank Him, for this food, we eat, AMEN!"

Right after lunch was time for nap. This is one of my most treasured parts of my day. Everyday that passes I feel closer and closer to my amazing, loving son God blessed me with! As I tuck him into bed we pray together "now I lay me down to sleep......." He grins ear to ear the entire time, beams with pride, and always concludes with a very enthusiastic "amen!!!"

More to come....

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Elliott's Slice of Life Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez