I went yesterday to my surgeon and he insisted that I see my primary doctor (pcp) for clearance before he will perform surgery.
Which do you want first? The good news or the bad news?
I guess I'll end it on a happy note and start with the bad.
While I was in the hospital after which turned out to be a gallbladder attack early Wednesday morning I found out that I had:
- "sludge and stones" in my gallbladder, as well it was "thickened"
- a "swollen bladder"
and
- an "abnormal EKG"
During today's visit with my pcp I found that the abnormal EKG showed signs of:
- a "First degree AV block"
I was also informed that my blood work that my surgeons office drew on 09/09/08 showed that I am:
- B1/Thiamine "deficient"
and am at risk for:
- Beriberi
and
- Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome
diseases
As well as:
- Congestive Heart Failure (which my mom probably passed away from November 13, 2006.) I say probably because she passed away in her sleep and were convinced to not bother doing an autopsy- they just blamed her many diseases.
So now I:
- have to take Thiamine injections for two weeks and see if that helps that problem.
I have an appointment to have, yet another, Dobutamine Stress Test with a cardiologist Monday to ensure that I am safe for gallbladder removal surgery Friday the 14th.
The swollen bladder will be addressed when I go in for my yearly in a couple weeks.
I am hoping that that is nothing and also that my pap comes back normal and that my fertility is in good standing.
The good news is:
- I am still off my medications for:
Diabetes
High Blood Pressure
High Cholesterol
Acid Reflux
Arthritis
Anxiety/ Depression
And the best news of all!!!:
- my A1C (an average of blood sugars over a course of 3 months or so) is:
5.5!!!!!!!!!
which means my average is 100.
A diabetic is considered someone whose random blood sugar is over 200 and/or fasting plasma glucose level at or above 126.
The doctor considered still treating my diabetes because it is still considered borderline diabetic- but since I am still rapidly losing weight my sugars are just going to get better and better—until I am no longer ever going to be considered even close to a diabetic!
That's all folks!
Have a great weekend y'all!
COMMENTS:
1 Kudos
Wow Mary! That is a lot to handle on top of being a Mom too! Take care! My thoughts and prayers are with you. xoLisa
Posted by Lisa on Friday, November 07, 2008 - 1:46 PM

0 comments:
Post a Comment