I was diagnosed with diabetes in June 2005. When I was first diagnosed my A1C level was around 10.0. A1C is a blood sugar level test that is done approximately every three months or so and gives an average of how the sugar levels are. A normal (for healthy people without diabetes) A1C is around 4.0%-5.9%.Since I was diagnosed I have tried a lot of different regimens to reduce my blood sugar levels and nothing has really made a difference until recently.I started seeing a diabetes specialist in March of this year. The different medicines and different doses that he has prescribed has made a drastic difference in my blood sugar levels.My most recent A1C test was July 14th and it was 7.1 WHOOOO HOOO!
I am well on my way to the goal of 6.0!
In January of this year I started seeing a fertility specialist because Doug and I have been trying to conceive a child for a couple years with no success. He checks out fine but with me- along with my diabetes I have a few reproductive issues. One of which being Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which prevents me from ovulating on my own (which I need to do to become pregnant.) The doctor has a wide range of options for me to try- first of which to try is an ovulation induction pill called Clomid. But the doctor will not start any treatments until my A1C level is at or very close to 6.0.Well today I decided to call to set up an appointment to see my fertility doctor again- in hopes to start the treatments.I have faith that with my A1C levels starting to significantly change that by time my consultation appointment August 23rd- I will be close to, if not- 6.0.So I need you to cross your fingers, your toes pray for us please.
0 comments:
Post a Comment