Monday, May 30, 2005

I Dream Of a Day

I Dream Of a Day

When I was a little girl, I always dreamt of this day,
I knew the words by heart; I knew exactly what I would say.

I imagined my dad, walking me down the aisle,
I could see the look on his face; I could see the pride in his smile.

But life doesn't always go as planned; I guess that's plain to see,
some things just happen, some things aren’t meant to be.

But this is to be a happy day; I would like to share some thoughts,
I want to tell you about my mom, the most important person in my life.

My mother has been my inspiration; she has guided me throughout my life,
there are a few words that I need to say, especially now that I'm a wife.

She’s always been there for me, especially when I needed her the most, If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be walking by her side today.

Today I felt my dad there with us; I could feel him looking on,
I could feel his love for all of us, so caring and so kind.

He wants us all to be happy; I know this from deep within,
he knows he will love us forever, he knows that we’ll never truly part.

This being my everlasting wish, that Doug and I too,
have such a wonderful marriage, and that I'm loved as much as dad loved mom.

Today, my dad’s spirit was with me, he did indeed walk me down that aisle,
I pictured the look upon his face; it was a very, very proud smile.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Elliott's Slice of Life Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez