Monday, November 17, 1997

Child Discipline

Ways to discipline your children may be the most controversial topic among raising children. Some agree that spanking your child may be considered child abuse, on the other hand, the majority of those who were raised on spankings when they did wrong, beg to differ. I myself am a child of the age when spankings were allowed, within limits of the law. Myself, I feel that if I didn't receive a hit when I didn't pick up my room, I would be one of the messiest people known.
There are many ways to discipline your child, and each child is different and act differently towards different kinds of discipline. I know for myself "time out" probably wouldn't have worked for me. Although spanking should be a last resort, if all else fails. This kind of discipline should only be used in the home, by the parents. Teachers, baby sitters. should find an alternate way to discipline your child.

In conclusion it is the parents choice to see which role of discipline works with their child, if spankings are what works, it should not be illegal, unless it moves onto physical abuse and or emotional or physical scaring.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

The Elliott's Slice of Life Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez